There are a few tricks you could try, particularly for older drivers, which could potentially reduce your premiums drastically.
1. Compare: Doing some comparison shopping could reveal that the company you are with may be overcharging you. You don’t have to stay with the same company forever; if you find better deals, switch carriers!
2. Combine Policies: If you have multiple cars insured under different carriers, you are most likely overpaying. Carriers generally provide better deals when you combine multiple vehicles under one policy.
3. Higher Deductibles: Having a higher deductible can sometimes lower your monthly premiums.
4. AARP Driver Safety: By taking an AARP driver safety course, your carrier may offer you discounts because of your renewed awareness of driver safety.
5. Low-Mileage Discounts: Some carriers offer discounts to those who put few miles on their car per year.
6. Car Safety Discounts: Ask your carrier about any car safety discounts they honor. Some may provide discounts for having safe airbags, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, alarm systems, even daytime running lights.
These are a few quick and easy tricks that can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year, and all it takes is one quick phone call to find out how much money you could save!
Sources: Courier Journal